Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Movie Quote Meme

I have been tagged by Isaac for this MEME.


Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDb and take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, I cross it off the list. (Mark it in red) NO CHEATING.



It was kind of fun:




1. Let's not bring race into this, Ahmad. We got enough problems as it is.



2. You're right, I did lose a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars *next* year. You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million dollars a year, I'll have to close this place in... 60 years. Citizen KANE


3. Oh, yeah? If you would've had Rifleman hold the ball, then we would've won the game. We didn't quit. You quit!



4. This joint is mine. I own this joint!


5. See that cockroach? Tomorrow morning, we'll be dead and it'll be alive. It'll have more contact with my wife and child than I will. I'll be nothing, and it'll be alive.


6. It's a new wrinkle, to tell the truth... I never thought I'd make a killing on some guy's "integrity."


7. Blue horseshoe loves Anacot Steel.

8. They don’t throw out their garbage they save it and turn it into T.V. shows. (Annie Hall)


9. To show that they weren't totally insensitive to the plight of others, they hired local people to be human statues at the party.


10. I'm only doing my job. Some people are bullfighters, some people are politicians. I'm a photographer. (Blow Up)


11. Oh, well, I didn't have her long. My friends was a pack of river rats and she didn't crave their society so she up and left me and went back to her first husband who was clerkin' in a hardware store in Paducah. "Goodbye, Reuben," she says, "the love of decency does not abide in you!" That's a dee-vorced woman talkin' for you, about decency. Well, I told her. I said, "Goodbye, Nola, and I hope that nail-sellin' bastard makes you happy this time!"


12. Madam! I have born as long as mortal could endure the ill-treatment of the insolent Irish upstart whom you've taken into your bed. (Barry Lyndon)

13. Like, oh sure, he went to Harvard!

14. I suppose if I were you... I'd have to kill myself.

15. Houston on fire. Will history blame me, or the bees?



I tag Thom, Novel, Patrick, Riba and Mr. Word on the Street.


Mine are pretty easy, (I'll bet people get them pretty fast.)

3 comments:

Thomas Garvey said...

Don't know too many of these! #2 is "Citizen Kane," #8 I think is "Annie Hall," #10 is "Blow-Up," #12 is "Barry Lyndon," and #14 sounds awfully familiar.

Art said...

Good Thom.

You're right on Annie Hall.

Novel said...

I cheated and Yahooed them all. Wow, what an odd list.

Spoilers for anyone still playing.

I don't know if you saw my copy of the book of "Bridge on the River Kwai" I got it in a set with Planet of the Apes. They are similar when you think about it (the books, not the films).
It's a fun list--have you seen "A Face in the Crowd"? I always think of it with #6.