Thursday, June 28, 2007

MEMED!

I apparently missed the fact that I was tagged by Patrick Gabridge over at Writing Lifex3 for the 8 Random Facts Meme.

A few other bloggers have tagged...well...the entire blogosphere:

Here are the rules of the house: Bloggers must post these rules and provide eight random facts about themselves. In the post, the tagged blogger tags eight other bloggers and notify them that they have been tagged.
  • I grew up a rabid fan of Stephen King's fiction, but over the past ten years I am getting the distinct feeling that I have outgrown him.

  • I voted for Chris Gabrieli in the last Massachusetts Gubernatorial Primary.

  • The worst Ass Chewing I ever received was for not putting enough sprinklers on the lawn of the Battalion Headquarters at Fort Lewis. I was on a twenty four-hour Staff Duty and I had followed the instructions left for us, set up the sprinklers, etc. Somewhere, something wasn’t relayed properly to me, and to this day I still don’t know exactly how we screwed up. At around 08:00 AM just before we were about to go off duty, we were summoned loudly to the BC’s office where I was screamed at, right in my face, for what seemed like an eternity. He threatened court-martial, along with holding us in the army, (I was getting out in a matter of two months.) Never heard anything about it after that morning. Being in the Army you get yelled at on a regular basis, but this elevated the art form, especially since it came out of nowhere.

  • I had two and half sacks and 11 unassisted tackles in a football game against Archbishop Williams High School.

  • I like Coke Zero. And now Diet Coke tastes like crap to me.

  • I carry Rosary beads and I pray the Rosary every day.

  • After I proposed to my wife, we returned from the beach to find that the US had just started the invasion of Afganistan.

  • I won’t underline or use a highlighter in any hardcover books I own. I will underline in softcover books, but not if they are fiction books. I have always transcribed quotes I like into separate notebook or typed them into a computer.
It seems like everybody has been tagged already, so I'll just throw it out to anybody who wants it.

2 comments:

patrick said...

Ah, sorry, I was bad about notifying people that I'd tagged them.

There's often a great divide between those who underline or highlight in books and those who don't, though you seem to have finer distinctions than most. For me it comes and goes. (I'm in a non-underlining phase at the moment.)

Matt B. said...

I highlight, underline, bracket, dog-ear, and write notes in the margin of any book I'm reading or studying. I have Folio Society books that are marked-up and dog-eared. I don't think my wife likes it at all. ...since there are only two of us in the house, I think knows it's me.