Monday, February 26, 2007

I Knows It When I Sees It...

For my readers who may not always have the time to peruse the links at the side, I would like to point you to a pair of posts by TimeOut New York Critic David Cote.

Put together, the posts are an attempt to try and apply some type of order on the weird process that is criticism

He starts with a post on Fraudulent Theatre and then follows up with a post on Authenticity.

One of the more interesting questions in his Fraudulent Theatre post is basically a variation of an age old question: If I genuinely like the work of somebody deemed by other critics, whom I respect, to be a fraud, what does that mean for me?

What about the reverse thought: What if I genuinely think fraudulent, work that many other critics, whom I respect, consider to be great?

No comments: