Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Back from Vacation!

Hi All!

Just spent a week on Nantucket. It was probably the best week weather wise of the whole summer. Every day was sunny and my wife and I hit just about all the main beaches.

Naturally summer vacation means reading! I brought along The Relic by Eca De Queiroz Studs Lonigan by James T. Farrell, The Complete Stories of Flannery O'Connor, Thom Pain by Will Eno, and a couple of Tennessee Williams plays I had never read before, I ashamed to say. (Summer and Smoke, Orpheus Descending, and Suddenly Last Summer.)

I finished it all except the Flannery O'Connor, which I had read before in college and on a long cold field excercise in Korea. I think the other book I read on that exercise was Michael Crichton's Disclosure, which I remember being an incredible dichotomy as far as reading experiences go.

Anyway, I am back and blogging. The new theatre season is heating up. What to see?

No comments: